Protect your home with a whole house water filter and whole house softening.
A water softener reduces hardness via the process of ion exchange. A whole house water filter reduces dirt and sediment from the water supply through a mechanical process.
The whole house water filter is connected to the main water line before it splits into the hot water heater. If you are on municipally supplied water, the typical contaminants of concern are chlorine and chemicals, sediment and hardness minerals. The types of contaminants typically found in a private well water supply are:
- sediment (foggy glasses, dishes and dingy laundry)
- iron related bacteria (IRB)
- P.H. (green stains)
- Sulfur, Sulfate, Hydrogen Sulfide (rotten egg smell)
- hardness minerals (dry skin and damaged hair)
- from nuisance to toxic or damaging contaminants